Hide folders and files with just a couple clicks of the mouse. Secure and hide any folder from unwanted prying eyes with Folder Guard!Low Budget Designs' Folder Guard lets you protect any folder and the learning curve is zero!Whats new in version 9.0:
Snoop-proof your files with Folder Guard. Folder Guard is a Windows security program which you can use to restrict access to files, folders, and other computer resources. If you share your computer with your business colleagues, family, or roommates, you can use Folder Guard to stop other users from opening your personal files, or even completely hide your documents until a valid password is entered. You can protect sensitive system files from modification or destruction, disable access to the floppy, CD-ROM, and other removable drives, restrict access to Control Panel, Start Menu, applications, and more. Windows Vista or XP allows you to use its built-in security to control access to data stored on the NTFS volumes. With Folder Guard you can secure files and folders on both the NTFS and FAT/FAT32 drives, with a much greater flexibility: you can hide some files and keep other files in the same folder visible, set up the access rights using wildcards, or make files accessible to only some programs that you select. Folder Guard protects your documents by intercepting requests from other programs to work with files; your data is not modified in any way. When Folder Guard hides a folder, the folder-s contents becomes invisible to all applications including Windows programs like Explorer, applications like Office, and even MS-DOS programs. You can require password access to the protected folders to keep away unauthorized visitors. On a user-by-user basis, you can allow or deny access to the files and folders of your choice, as well as to the removable drives, Start Menu and Control Panel. You can configure the protection so that users would not be able to download programs from the Internet or install them from the CD-ROM without your permission.
Folder Guard' 9.0 is Trial Access Control software design by WinAbility Software Corporation.
It runs on following operating system: Windows XP / 2003 / Vista / 2008 / Vista64 / 7 / 7 x64 / 8 32-bit / 8 64-bitFolder Guard key features:Folder Guard can hide your personal folders from other users:
Folder Guard can password-protect and restrict access to file folders:
- You can set up Folder Guard to hide your private folders (or make them appear empty). The folder would be hidden from virtually any program, including Windows Explorer, Office, MS-DOS programs, etc.
Folder Guard can control access to programs and files:
- You can password-protect any document folder to prevent access to your personal files without knowing the password. You can set up Folder Guard to allow only certain users to change the computer settings with Control Panel, while denying that to other users.
Folder Guard is suitable for a wide range of computer security tasks:
- You can prevent other users (even the administrators) from using the system tools that can mess up your Windows installation, while allow such use for yourself or someone who knows the Master password. You can also designate the backup programs as the trusted ones, allowing them to backup your protected files in the background without asking you for the password every time.
Folder Guard protects your files without encrypting them:
- You can stop other users of your computer from peeking into your personal files. You can protect the system files and folders from destruction by cyber-vandals. You can allow specific users to run a program while denying it to others. You can allow users to store their documents on removable drives, while preventing them from using unauthorized programs on those drives.
- There is no risk of losing your documents if you lose your encryption key: with Folder Guard all your files remain intact, without modification of any kind.
• The user interface has been updated, that will hopefully make Folder Guard even easier to use than before.
• The Permissions command has been removed. If you used on this command in the previous version, you may want to use the Group Policy and Local Security Policy commands of Windows instead.
• The Trusted Programs list now uses the full path to the program\'s file to determine whether it should be trusted. With this change, if you have added a custom trusted program to the list in the previous version, you will need to add it again, using its full path.
• The protection of the folders on the mapped network drives is no longer offered. If you relied on this feature in the previous version of Folder Guard, you may want to use the built-in network security of Windows to control access to the network drives.
• Folder Guard now automatically handles the proper access to the desktop.ini files of the protected folders, to preserve the custom icons and other customizations of the folders, if a...Operating system:
Windows XP / 2003 / Vista / 2008 / Vista64 / 7 / 7 x64 / 8 32-bit / 8 64-bit